Saturday, January 24, 2009

How it All Began

Brian (my brother) and SanDee were married in Sept, 1982. Theron was in the wedding, as he had been my brother's friend for a few years. I had known him for that long, but he was my brother's friend, and didn't really talk to me much.
Little did I know that that day would change my life forever!Here we single girls are in the fellowship hall trying to catch the bouquet. That is my sister in the green dress (she was in the wedding), my best friend next to me, and my cousin, Kathy behind me. I am not sure who else is standing in there.


My brother just shot the garter, and there are 3 of my cousins, and SanDee's brothers standing back there, along with Theron and a guy from church.


Here's another angle of my future husband catching the garter!


Our first picture together.


Just as the photographer snapped our picture (this isn't the official one) he told Theron to get closer and put his arm around me. He said, "Don't tell Ed." I said, "Oh, I broke up with him!" Theron was like..."Oh, okay, then!" Afterwards, he kept telling everyone that we HAD to get married. It was so funny. Then, he left for Ft. Sill, OK a few weeks later to start his Army career. We wrote a few times, and then he showed up at Christmastime. He later said that he wanted to see what was going to happen with us, so he came home instead of going somewhere else to see friends. We started dating on Dec. 21, 1982, and married 3 years later to the day!

I'll be posting some more older pics on here, as I am trying to scan all of our old pics into the computer. They are mostly in old "sticky" paper albums and that glue is ruining them. My goal is to get all of them (there are TONS) onto the computer this year. Don't worry, I won't post ALL of them on here, though. :)

2 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

Love the nostalgic pictures...you were such a baby back then :) You must have started dating when you were 12 teehee

Terrye in FL

Amanda said...

Oh, those are so good, and I LOVED reading your story. It's been way too long since I've checked blogs!