Friday, May 30, 2008

YEAH Freedom

Sorry it took so long to update. I'm watching National Treasure 2 with Theron and Sam, so decided to take this time to update while I'm sitting still. Chrissy's last day was May 7th. Theron had to go early in order to be able to park near the dorm, as it was Graduation and pretty packed on campus. So, I was a martyr and said I'd stay behind at the condo and lay out and read on the beach. I know, I know, I am just too giving. haha While they were gone, I decorated the condo. The next day we left the beach and headed to Gainesville to see my Grandma, Aunt and cousins. The next post is that visit. :)Here is Chrissy as she walked in from school. YEAH, no more dorms and no more living by the bells for a few months! :) We are so excited to have her back home for a bit. It is neat to watch and wait and see how God is going to use her. Oh, and by the way, she had an A average...all A's and one B+ on her final report card!! I decorated the condo using stuff we had bought at Walmart earlier. I used the napkins since I didn't have a banner. The napkins have writing on them that says "YEAH, for Freedom" . haha
Here is the rest of the condo decorated..that's the front door.

This is the kitchen & dining area. This condo is much smaller than the one we use at Thanksgiving, but we didn't need as much room for the two of us...then the last night, Chrissy was there and slept on the couch. She could hear the ocean all night, lucky girl.After they got back from the school, Chrissy and I went down to the beach for the afternoon. Theron was in the condo on the phone (working). We took a walk and I took tons of pictures of the ocean. The surf had really kicked up and was so neat to hear and see.
This is a picture I took of Chrissy on the beach. She made me crop it, so this is all you see! Her bathing suit is very modest, of course, but she doesn't want me posting it on the web. :)

3 comments:

Caleb and Emily's Mommy said...

She's so pretty! You guys are lucky to have such a wonderful daughter! I hope Emily and Caleb grow up to be great teenagers like your children!

Amanda said...

The condo looks so cute with all the decorations! I think you're letting Chrissy go a little too wild; it must be a Florida college girl thing...I can ALMOST see her chin! =)

Doug and Terrye said...

I love summer time, and having the kids home!!! Well I don't really love summer...it's just too hot! But I love having the kids home :)

Terrye in FL