Friday, May 30, 2008

Grandma in Gainesville

My cousin's son lives in Gainesville. My Grandma Dorothy, Aunt Edith and Dottie live in Quincy, Illinois. I hadn't seen Grandma in about 6 years and Aunt Edith and Dottie for about 12. I can't even remember the last time I had seen Tommy. So, they were all down in Florida to see Tommy and then were headed further south to Sarasota to see my dad and sisters and their families. There were going to be in Sarasota on the 10th, but since Mother's Day was on the 11th, I couldn't make it to Sarasota for that reunion. My other 3 kids were in Virginia, and I just couldn't miss Mother's Day with them. Also, TJ and I had a Mother/Son banquet to go to on Saturday at our church. Well, since we couldn't join them in Sarasota I asked my aunt and Grandma if I could horn in on their time with Tommy and spend time with them in Gainesville. Dottie even had a wonderful dinner prepared for us when we arrived. We all cried as we were hugging hello. I vowed not to ever wait that long to see them again. It was such a neat blessing that we were able to spend time together. We had such a good time laughing and reminiscing on old times. By the way, this is my mom's mom and my mom's little sister. :) Lining up to eat dinner.
Me and Theron with Aunt Edith and Grandma (she is 93)
Aunt Edith with Grandma and Chrissy
Dottie, Tommy and Theron
Aunt Edith, me and Grandma


No comments: