Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baptist Church on the Beach

This is the Romar Baptist Church. Their original building was demolished by a hurricane a few years ago. Their site shows that they have a youth camp site at this building for youth groups to come and "camp out". Pretty neat!! I believe from reading their site that they are Southern Baptist, but I told Theron I think he is being led to be their associate pastor and have them become Independent Baptists. haha For some reason, he doesn't believe me!! I guess that's because a few years ago, I told him he was being called to be a pastor on Sanibel Island, FL. Oh, well, I'd not be happy away from Temple Baptist anyway! That's where all of our church family is. You can't ask for a better pastor than Pastor Reid!! Here is Romar Beach Baptist's site. They have pictures of what the hurricane did to their old building. This church was down the beach from our condo. I would have loved to see inside, but they didn't have Wed night services...they had Thursday services and we left there today (on Thurs morning). I told Theron they should put the parsonage on the top floor like a penthouse suite. That would be neat!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous setting! I can't BELIEVE they haven't created a penthouse suite parsonage...what are they thinking?