Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Climbing the Wall

PCC has a new sports complex. There is a wonderful waterpark, inline skating, and rock climbing wall. They are not finished yet, but here are a few pictures of the complex, and me on the wall!! This is taken on the top floor. The inline rink is the area all around the top floor overlooking the rockclimbing wall and bottom floors. The waterpark is behind me here and the rock wall in front at the other end. It is all very beautiful!!
This is the wall I climbed. The person in the middle on the bottom is on the one I climbed and almost made to the top. The other line I tried was a few over to the right and was harder.




Figuring it out. They give you shoes to wear and hand you the harness. I told her I had no idea how to put it on, so she showed me how to step into it. It was SO fun!




I took this one as we walked in. To the left is this big rock that you will be able to climb on top of and sit on. However, it isn't done yet. This room is huge and has tons of places to climb.

This is the first one I tried. It was like a puzzle trying to figure out where the best place was to place my hands and feet.



Still climbing.



Almost to the top!! It was SO fun!! I could have done it, but my arms were so shaky from the numerous attempts on the first wall I climbed. I just let go and rapelled down.


Posing for Mary and then I let go. I was the oldest one on the walls, but it didn't matter. I had tons of fun and wish I could have done it more. I told Theron I want a rock wall for Christmas, but he didn't seem to like that idea. haha It really was a GREAT workout, though. My arms and upper back were very sore for a couple of days.




No comments: