Monday, October 27, 2008

Sarah Palin Rally

I have never been to a political rally, but my friend, Hope and I went today. We had a lot of fun, even though it started raining soon after Sarah Palin began her speech. We arrived at Williams Street around 915, and got in a long line waiting to get into the park when the gates opened at 10. It was very crowded, and so after going through security, we stood for a looong time. It was a great experience, though, and I'm so glad I went. I took tons of pictures and here are a few. We had pretty good spots, but it was very close quarters. Sarah began talking around 1 p.m. She is a great speaker, and made some great points. Her husband, Todd, the First Dude, was there, too. It was very enlightening, and was an exciting, but tiring day. We were cold and soaked after it was over, so we went to Choi's Korean Kitchen and had some coffee and wonderful food. Choi's is the best. When I got home...around 430, I went straight upstairs and took a long hot bubble bath. Just what my cold bones needed. :) Thanks, Hope, for a great day!!
Don't forget to Get Out and Vote next Tuesday!! It is VERY important to make your voice heard. If you don't vote, you can't complain.

The very long line...but I shopped as there were buttons to buy and a really cute Tee Shirt. One of the signs Notice the sharp shooter lookouts on the building




Me and Hope...before the rain came.











































































































2 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

I think I'm jealous! You got to Sarah, up close and personal! She's such an incredible woman, and really not afraid to say what she believes (unlike the mainstream media...who just makes up what they say...and believes what the make up!)

Terrye in FL

Amanda said...

I tried to comment on this last time and it wasn't working...anyway, I'm very glad you were able to go!!! This is not the time in life that I'm able to with a little one, but I'm glad so many others have been able to see the excitement and history in person!