Thursday, October 16, 2008

Horizon of Hope Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon

Each year in October, my wonderful friend and customer, Charlotte and I put on a Horizon of Hope Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon. We held it in Occoquan at the Occoquan Inn this year. There were 16 of us in attendance. We had a wonderful time. Here are a few pictures from our day.Here we are waiting for the food. We had doorprizes and everyone who attended got a goody bag filled with about $30 worth of "pink" goodies.


Here is what they brought out for one of the attendees to take her leftovers home. It is a duck, in case you can't tell from the angle.
The Nurses from 4West at Mary Washington Hospital
All of the attendees
Here we are again

My dear friend, Wendy Marshall, donated the cake. She has her own business and does this each year for my luncheon. To see more of her cakes...click on her link to the side of this blog!
Here is another picture of the cake. I brought a picture of my mom and me, too. This is the last picture taken of me with my sweet mom. I'll have a post with more of her pictures soon. She passed away from breast cancer in 1994. She was an awesome mom and super role model.Here is a close up of the details Wendy put on the cake....and it was delicious, too.

Here is a table full of my Cash & Carry baskets. I have lots of the 2008 HOH baskets left if anyone needs one...they are $30!! Great buy!! :) No one bought off the table today, which is very unusual. I have a few more craft fairs to do soon, so will probably (hopefully) sell some things then.



No comments: