Saturday, August 9, 2008

More Pictures of DC at Night

We went to the Lincoln Memorial after going to the Vietnam Memorial. We then went to the WW II Memorial. Theron is a GREAT tour guide for DC at night. We are able to hit most of the main memorials and they are at their best at night, I think. He had just gotten home from a TDY that afternoon, then we took off for DC in the late evening after dinner at Grioli's. Thanks, Theron, you are the best!!

Honest Abe..I sure wish they'd let me crawl up there and sit on his lap like he was Santa for a picture. I am sure I'd be arrested, though, so just took this one.
Here's Jo and me on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. We were about to laugh at something, but I can't remember what. When we are together, it doesn't take much. Just ask Theron and Dave. They were pretty patient most of the time!! haha
Jo and Dave being proud Floridians at the WWII Memorial
Me having fun with my camera
One of the fountains at the WWII Memorial

Another view of the WWII Memorial

2 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

I love DC at night! We try to make it up there every couple of years. In fact, Grace is still talking about our trip last year.

Terrye in FL

The Bowman Bunch said...

Terrye, call me next time you are up here, and I'll try to meet you somewhere...or better yet, come stay with us!! We'd love to have you!