Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sanibel Paradise

On Wednesday, April 2nd, Vanessa, Samantha and I spent the day on Sanibel and Captiva Islands. First, we went to Bowman Beach (really, that's the name!). Then, we drove over to Captiva and had lunch at the famed Bubble Room. We stopped by a shopping area on the way out and did a bit of shopping. It was such a neat day!


The walkway down to Bowman Beach

A waterway you have to cross over to get down to Bowman Beach. There were people fishing off the bridge and some canoeing down the "stream". It was very pretty.


I always stand in front of this sign and try to look sad every time we go here. I look so weird in this picture, but for tradition's sake, I am posting it. One of these days I'll take the time to scan in the old pictures and put them on here, too! I guess at one time or anther someone thought it was a nude beach and thus, the sign.


Sam strolling on Bowman Beach



Nancy and Sam outside of the Bubble Room


Sam and Nessa in the Bubble Room

Nessa and Nancy in the Bubble Room...great food and very eclectic decorations.

This sign was in a ditch behind where we shopped. I looked for an alligator but couldn't find one. Usually we do find them on Sanibel.

2 comments:

Blakemore Family said...

Oh come on-- I know you were planning on taking your horse to camp on the beach so you could sunbath nude while defacing live shells and miscellaneous plant life. Oh, and did you pay to park?! ;-)

Amanda said...

That's so cool that it was named 'Bowman Beach'! =)