Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Mom

Seventeen  years ago today, my sweet mom graduated to Heaven.  I miss her very much, but know she is happier than I can even imagine.  She is with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Wow, what a wonderful time she must be having!  She's dancing on those streets of gold!  I was going to scan some of the notes she had given me over the years and put them on the blog, but decided not to spend the day in the past, but to be thankful for the time I had with her and not make today a sad day.  This month is a hard month for me, but I am determined not to dwell on the sadness, but be thankful for the blessing she was to me over the 29.5 years she was in my life.  My earliest memory is of me sitting on her lap, and she was reading to me and singing to me.  She was always singing.  She'd sing in the kitchen while making dinner (usually humming more than singing words).  She smiled easily and had a great laugh.  Mom was mild mannered and the sweetest person I've ever known.  If I got up earlier than my normal teenage waking hour, I would find Mom sitting at the kitchen table, reading her Bible.  In my senior year of high school, I only went to school half a day most days.  I would come home, eat lunch and Mom would sit at the kitchen table with me and we'd just talk.  I cherished those times, and am so thankful we had them.  I could ramble on more, but will stop for now. I'll scan those notes and more pictures in another day, but today, I just want to quote a Bible passage that wonderfully describes Mary Stone.  The whole passage is "her", but I'll just put a few verses here. 
Proverbs 31:26-28  "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.  She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness.  Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

Awe, I wish I could have known your mom, Nancy, especially if she's anywhere near as wonderful as you!
I know you miss her a lot- she must've been such a special lady!