Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter Sunday is always such a special day for us. It is such a blessed holiday when we celebrate our Savior's resurrection. My favorite "Easter" song is Our God Reigns. We sang it as a congregation on Sunday morning, and it always touches my soul to hear the words sung by such a large group of people. We had to have two services at our church so we could fit everyone in. The choir stayed for both services as we sung in both...so I got to sing and hear "Our God Reigns" twice, so a double blessing! :) Some of the words are:
"Out of the tomb He came with grace and majesty. He is alive! He is alive! God loves us so, see here His hands, His feet, His side. Yes, we know He is alive! Our God reigns!" Praise the Lord!! It always overwhelms me that even as He died on the cross for me, He knew all the sins I would commit, and still loved me enough to lay down His life for me. He truly is an awesome God.
Here are a few pictures of our day.
Andre, TJ , Johnny, and Joey eating at our choir breakfast between services. Some of the ladies made some dishes and Heather coordinated it for us. Thanks, it was great!!
The boys being silly, as usual!

Mallory, Mikaela, and Joe (and Joe's FIL)


Rachael and two of her cute kids! Charlie was playing in another part of the room. :)


TJ, Nancy, Theron, and Samantha
(that's two of my good friends in the background...Lori and Darlene)


Another shot of us...I need to crop these a bit, but wanted to get them on here while I have a few minutes!

Nancy & Theron...I look awful in this one, but love Theron's look. :)
After lunch, I sat on the deck and read awhile. It was a bit chilly, but I took a blanket out with me and read and took pictures.


Since I didn't like my picture taken at church, I asked Theron to take another one with me. He had already changed by the time I got back, so he had me sit on his lap to cover his casual clothes. haha He's so cuddly! See the roses in the background? He got those for me "just because" last Tuesday. What a sweetie!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Seriously? You think the pictures taken at church aren't good? You're wrong! ;) All the pictures are lovely...especially the background roses!

Terrye in FL