Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Attack Bunny

Sometime last week I looked out our family room window, and saw a cute bunny. All of a sudden it took of across the yard and started chasing birds. I've never seen a rabbit do that, so I kept watching. Any time birds would land on the ground under our bird feeder, the bunny would chase them away. Then, she would go back to a certain spot in the middle of the yard. The bunnies usually live under our shed, so I wondered what she was doing. We found out a few days later, as TJ was mowing the backyard. Two bunnies were in a small little hole, which he didn't see until one jumped up into the lawn mower blades. EWW, the other one stayed in the hole and was fine. Anyway, the mother bunny must have been feeding her babies the day we saw her attacking birds to keep them away.









2 comments:

Caleb and Emily's Mommy said...

The same thing happened to Adrian. The little bunny jumped up and scared him to death. I don't think I have ever heard him scream so loud! The mower didn't hurt the little guy and Caleb and I had fun peeking in on them every once it while. Don't tell Adrian I told you about the screaming!!

Doug and Terrye said...

Awwww...did you have a bunny funeral?

Terrye in FL