Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Please Pray for My Aunt

My Aunt Edith, shown below on the left, has been battling esophageal cancer since 2007. She seemed to be doing fine, but then they found a brain tumor last week. They operated yesterday and took the tumor out. It seems the esophageal cancer has metastasized. She had complications after the surgery (bleeding on the brain and swelling), and they aren't sure if she will make it. In fact, they had said she may not make it through last night. They did say she was surprising the doctors and had woken up enough to communicate with her daughter and granddaughter. She even told them she would make it through this. :) She was able to move both sides of her body, which was an improvement from before the surgery. She is my mom's younger sister. My grandma, shown on the right below, is 93 years old and very close to her only remaining daughter. Please keep them in your prayers today. My aunt is a Christian. The doctors were planning on doing a CAT Scan during the night, so they would know more today. Thanks for your prayers. This picture was taken in March, when I was able to meet up with my cousins and aunt and grandma in Gainesville, FL, after picking up Chrissy at PCC. They live in Illinois, but were visiting my 2nd cousin. I am so thankful God allowed me to see them this spring. I hadn't seen Aunt Edith in over 14 years.

1 comment:

Blakemore Family said...

Your family and Aunt Edith are in my prayers!