Thursday, November 8, 2007

Redskins Here They Come

There is an organization that lets kids and teens with cancer use a sky box at the RedSkins games. Johnny gets a ticket for each person in his family to attend with him...along with the sky box, they get to tailgate with the Hoggettes and meet the players in the locker room after the game including getting autographs and pictures with them. Darlene, being the great mom to TJ that she is, has given her ticket to TJ. They have tried to go before, but Johnny was too sick. They have the opportunity to go this Sunday and are really looking forward to it. So, please pray that Johnny stays well (he is doing GREAT right now), and they will get to go have a blast on Sunday. Bill has promised to get lots of pictures for me and Darlene, so I'll post them on Monday. :) Johnny's immune system is still really low, but should be up by Sunday. This is like their vacation, since they can't really get away for awhile. They debated over going on a Sunday as they will have to miss church, but since it isn't a normal circumstance, decided it was okay. I told Bill he could do a devotion and preach to the boys on the way to the game. :)
Darlene is really sweet for letting her son have his best friend go along with the family and sitting it out at home. She is one awesome lady. She always does things like that...thinking of others first, and won't take no for an answer. When she calls me with updates on Johnny when they are in the hospital, she ALWAYS asks me first how my day is and won't tell me anything until I update her on my girls at college. We had breakfast together today, and as always, Darlene left me feeling so uplifted and closer to God. She told me today of a great devotion she had reading Romans 12 the other day. I'll post it once I write it down, because it was wonderful!! Okay, keep them in your prayers..I'll keep you posted on how it goes for Sunday. Gotta go spend time watching a movie with my hubby.

1 comment:

Caleb and Emily's Mommy said...

It sounds like they are going to have a great time! Tell the Bryans we are thinking of them and praying for them!