Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy 22nd Anniversary!!

Theron and I have been married for 22 years as of yesterday! I was going to post this on our anniversary, but the pictures I had scanned were not in the correct format, so I needed to rescan them. However, Theron had planned to take me to a wonderful B&B in Colonial Beach yesterday, so rather than make him wait while I fixed the post, I decided to go with him and do this when we got home. I think I made the right choice!! haha We got back earlier today, and I'll post those pictures later after I finish my SS lesson for tomorrow!! Anyway, it has been a wonderful 22 years, and we are looking forward to another 102 years together!! Wouldn't THOSE be some beautiful pictures!

Theron is the most generous and tenderhearted man in the world, and I am so thankful God brought us together. Theron is my best friend as well as the greatest husband a girl could dream of. Here are some pictures of us through the last 22 years. I love you, Theron, even more with each day that passes! I love sharing life with you.

Here we are at my brother and SanDee's wedding...September 4, 1982. I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter. When the photographer was setting up this picture he told Theron to put his arm aound me....the rest is history! We had known each other since I was 14 and he was 17...we met at a church fellowship at the Salters' home. Theron used to hang out with Rod and my brother. (Rod ended up being our best man at our wedding) Theron was just one of my big brother's friends until that wedding!! We began dating officially on Dec. 21st of that year...Theron came home from Ft. Sill for Christmas to see what would happen with us, as we had been writing ever since he left for the Army earlier in the fall. Ain't love grand?


Here we are on our first Christmas together at my parents' house in Sarasota

Here we are going to church, I think. Theron's mom liked him to wear his uniform to church on Sunday mornings when he came home. He is so cute!!

Theron had to go to Korea for a year tour almost exactly a year after we started dating. When he was coming home, I tied 100 yellow ribbons around the "old oak tree" in my parents' front yard, so he could see I'd waited for him. For those of you who have never heard of that...it is from a song by Tony Orlando and Dawn about a guy who is getting out of prison, and he doesn't know if his girl had waited for him. So he asks her to tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree if she still loves him. When he gets off the bus, he finds 100 yellow ribbons around the tree. :) Theron loved my gesture.

We were married on Dec. 21st, 1985 at our home church in Sarasota, FL. To show how old we are....the ring bearer is my nephew, and he is now a married father of two beautiful kids and he's a cop in Bradenton, FL!! Time really does fly when you are having fun.

Here we are after the reception, getting into the red Model T Ford his parents rented for us to be chauffered to the hotel in.

This was taken at the first B&B we ever stayed in. We were in Savannah, GA, and my boss paid for us and he and his wife to stay in a great B&B in downtown Savannah. I believe this was taken in 1994.

Here we all are in Lorton, VA in Dec. of 1996. That's Chrissy, Theron, me, and Mary, & Samantha and TJ on Theron's lap.

This is the most horrible picture of us, but I had to include it because it makes me laugh! It was taken on Dec. 24th in Florida, but I'm not sure which year. If I ever try to do my hair that way again, please stop me!! haha

No comments: